I know I have been slacking in my blog-posting duties lately, but come on, people! We've had a lot going on here. Now I present to you a random list of some of that stuff, because I am too lazy and tired to coherently organize my thoughts.
1. Last Friday I started taking care of a new baby
, which I will now do most weekdays from about 8 to 5:30. He is 6 weeks old. Again, I'm just crazy! But it went well that day and I have a minute to blog today, so obviously, I'm not fulling regretting it...yet. Stay tuned for more updates on that situation later! Oh, and if you live in the area and want to have a play date..CALL ME! We need to get out more to make the days go by faster.
2. Oh, and I'm also going to be taking care of a 2-year-old on Tuesdays and Thursdays--but only for 4 hours or so each day. I'm not TOTALLY crazy...am I?
3. Ben's HUGE GINORMOUS MOST IMPORTANT TEST EVER starts Thursday. For those of you who are grad-school savvy, that would be his Qual. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
So that's made our life a little crazy lately. People seem to think that with a husband who's a PhD student, I should have it easy because "he doesn't work." They are insane. He works all day, every day, and some nights, and weekends...it seems like it never ends. But luckily, if all goes well, he'll be done in a year and half! Yay!
4. And then there's always the Anti-Sleeping Toddler. Did I mention that he did sleep through MOST of the night last night, after waking up every 30 minutes from 8:00 p.m. to midnight? Yes, he did...but the 4 nights before that? Up for at least 2 hours, every night. JOY JOY JOY! I love
the 18-month growth spurt. It is my favorite thing EVER!
5. Okay, but seriously, at least I can see that he does have all these crazy new skillz now...he learns like five new words a day, and this time, he's actually SPEAKING them. So no, he's not deaf
, Devin! =) It is crazy cool how much fun it is to watch my child grow.
6. We just completely rearranged our apartment to adjust to having this baby around all the time. And then our apartment complex asked us if we wanted to move into the newly renovated place downstairs. Oops! So now we have to decide if we want to move or not. Lots of goods and bads to moving. Not sure what we'll do. Just another thing to take up time and mental energy. Hm.
7. It snowed! And James loved it. We even made a (small, pathetic, completely grass- and leaf-filled) snowman. =) See?
That's all the news I can think of right now. Plus I want to go do some other stuff while I get the chance. (Both kids are napping right now, can you believe that? It's surreal to me how well the nap thing is working out...so far. Keep sleeping, babies!)