Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Oklahoma Experience

As you may know, we got to go to Oklahoma for a too-short visit in June. While there, we went with James' Grandpa Lin and Grandpa Clint to the OKC zoo. I have a long-standing tradition of taking a picture with a certain gorilla statue there, so this time I got to do a multi-generational one:


There are several things I love about that picture. First and foremost, I love J-man's expression, like, oh, you guys, you are SO SILLY! =) But also, I love the random kid peeking out from behind the ape's massive shoulders. Also, the fact that you can't tell that we're all sweating profusely is a nice perk. Finally, I would like to say that the first time I took a picture with this ape was during our 7th grade zoo field trip, and at that time, the plants in the background were recently planted and only about 18" tall. And the ape was by himself. Since that time, he's gotten a family just like me! I know, I'm a nerd, but it's still cool.

Jamesy decided he would like his own special zoo sculpture, and chose this little elefante:



Okay, so maybe he thought it was actually a ride, but who am I to complain? We had a good time.

And an Oklahoma trip, without a little time spent on the ol' John Deere, is simply not a real Oklahoma trip. So we made it happen, with help from some aunts and uncles who just *happened* to have one sitting in their yard. =)



All right, that's it for today. James wants his nap and he wants me to stop typing or else let him type. Whew, this post was exhausting!


3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger sandra and sir charles said...

i love how we both have pictures of our boys on the same kind of chair!! lol

hehe james is so cute how he thinks everything he can sit on is a ride (ex. max!)
miiss u and can't wait to see you!

love,
sandra

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger gwen said...

The pic on the tractor is too cute.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful job on your post! I loved all the pictures and captions, of course. It was good to see the old gorilla is still there at the OKC zoo.:)
lots of hugs and kisses,
Mom S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home