Sunday, July 20, 2008

We miss you, Grandma! ...and Grandma, and Grandpa, and Grandma, and Grandpa, and Grandpa!

My mom was here to visit this month, and she got to spend about a week with us, split up over the span of two weeks, and of course while she was gone to my uncle's in the middle was when Grandma and Grandpa D came to visit for a few days.

James LOVED it all. He is finally at that age where he really and truly gets it that these people love him and are here to pour their love and attention all over him. I'm sure that trip to Oklahoma in May helped, too, but it is really neat to get to see him so excited over grandparents.

Sadly, there's a dark side to this whole maturation thing. That is, when we took my mom to the airport last Tuesday, James started bawling as soon as she got out of the car.

He gets it. Along with understanding how amazing grandparents are, now he understands how horrible it is to have them all so far away. =(

But, moving on to happier topics, here are the pictures I managed to take on Grandma Stephanie's last full day here. Of course we spent it playing in the sand.

Not a real smile, I don't think, although he was full of those--he's also recently learned how much fun it is to cheese for the camera.

Real smile. Wheeeeee!


We like to go THWACK! with the "Big Shovee."

And then we do our baby yoga...Downward Dog, to be exact. Luckily enough, at this point Daddy happened to be walking up, so he joined us for another round of ecstatic swinging.

We miss our family!

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had so much fun with you and James. I think it was my best vacation ever! Thanks for a wonderful visit.
love to all,
Mom(aka Grandma S)

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are great photos.

And after reading this I am thankful that Amy's granparents are close. So glad James had a great time though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home