Saturday, November 17, 2007

Just another day

Editor's note: This is going to be an incoherent post. I can almost guarantee it. Also, I'll be posting earlier in the day tomorrow than I have been lately, so hopefully you'll just skip over this one completely, or maybe look at the pictures and then move on. If not....just remember, I warned you.

Last night was rough. James was up from 2 to 5. And then he woke up at 8. Ugh. This teething thing, combined with perhaps growing pains, maybe some leftover gas, and some congestion from the weather change and the sudden incredible dryness in the air, has made our lives pretty insane lately.

Ben took James this morning so I could try to recover from our middle-of-the-night travails. They went to the beautiful Lake Johnson, where Ben took lots of pictures of the foliage that I could post, if I weren't too tired out to resize them, rotate them, etc. to get them into posting shape.

James was apparently tired as well, because Ben said he found this tree stump and actually laid down on it for a bit.


My poor kid. When is he going to NOT be tired?

We also went to a Thanksgiving dinner event tonight with our friends Gwen and Brian and the well-known and well-loved Olivia. Don'tcha love their cute little tracksuits?

We had fun with our friends, but we didn't get to eat dinner until at least 7:15, when the event was supposed to be at 6:30. Since it was an international event, Gwen postulated that they're trying to eat late since people from other countries often have their last meal much later than in the U.S. Good thought...but since it was also an event for families...I think they should consider that most kids go to bed between 7 and 8 p.m.! And also that it's cruel to make kids wait for their dinner that is sitting out on the tables. It makes the adults cranky too, but we're tough. I felt bad for the kids.

Okay, that's all, I can't wring anything else out of my brain tonight. More fun and more actual writing rather than brain-spew tomorrow. Good night and for the love of all that's holy, sleep well while you can!

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger sandra and sir charles said...

his jogging suit is adorable! I got Charlie one or two sort of like that. (even though he doesn't really jog)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home