Friday, June 06, 2008

Resume Transmission

Hi there.

My name is Susan, and once upon a time I wrote a blog about my life and about my wonderful amazing son James.

Just in case you forgot.

But then I got busy getting ready for a trip to Oklahoma and didn't check my email before I left. Then I flew to Oklahoma and discovered to my dismay that I didn't have internet access! *Oh noes!*

And then I flew back and discovered that my internet connection at home was still total crap. Then I discovered that it was actually my computer that was the problem. Still almost no chance at getting on the internet.

And the truth is, I could get on at night for five or ten minutes when Ben is home with the laptop and I have time to myself to get on the computer, but not only am I exhausted from our trip (which was wonderful, btw, and I'll update more about that later) but I'm also suffering from a small depression at the fact that we can't bring all our family and friends back with us. Seriously. So. Not. Fair.

So, I'm depressed a little, and sort of withdrawn into myself a little at this fact. But I'm also contemplating what to do with the rest of my life besides kick bum at this mom business, so while I have your attention, which would you choose for me?

A) Go to public health school and enjoy myself immensely but think of ebola and avian flu and fear for my life every time I walk into work?

B) Go to nursing school but fear for my sanity when I have to lose even MORE sleep to get through it, plus have horrible trouble being sick with every single virus and bacteria known to man?

C) Go get my master's at library science school and become a librarian, but also have more children at the same time or something and how do I pay for this and what about the fact that I probably only want to work part-time for most of my career now?

D) Shave my head and go live in a yurt in Montana, thus relieving myself of any worry I might have related to jobs in the current economy and my ability to gain access to foodstuffs and such?

E) Something Else?

Seriously, share your thoughts. You can see which way I'm leaning but obviously I'm conflicted. That whole yurt thing is really calling my name.

And now for something completely different....

In Tulsa, at Grandpa Clint and Grandma Jane's house, James finds a small house figurine on their back porch. He points at it and says emphatically, "House, house! Door, door! Open, open!" Grandpa Clint says, "Sorry, James, it's locked." James says, "KEY! KEY!"

The other day, I was getting hungry, and as I usually do, I was thinking out loud to James. I said, "Mama's gonna make some lunch now. What should we have for lunch, baby?" And he said..."FOODS!"

So life is still good, even though I've been having trouble looking you in the eye lately. See you again soon, I hope. ;)

5 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Susan,
It was great to see you in Ok even though it was only for a short period of time. You look wonderful and James is darling, as always. I think that you should stay home and make babies because you are an outstanding mama, love,rachel

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pick C, although the yurt idea is definitely interesting. It prompts two questions for me. Where did you come up with that, and why can't you live in a yurt in Oklahoma so I can come visit?

Becky

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

So glad to have you back in the blogging world. We missed you.


As for trying to decide what you want to do when you grow up....I like "c", especially given Chapel Hill's excellent program. It is at least worth looking in to as I think you would be fabulous at it.

Keep us posted.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Susana la Banana said...

Thanks everyone!

Becky...I have a friend who is going to Montana for a "yurt vacation" this summer...and as far as I know, I've never heard of yurts existing outside of Montana...so if you build me one in OK, maybe we can work something out!

And Megan...if I DO become a librarian, and I ever end up doing children's storytimes...I'll try to remember to wear PANTS instead of skirts. ;)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Mem said...

susan- so as for story time i'm going to be doing one at a creativity festival in a few weeks... thanks for the reminder of the skirt! HA HA and i vote yurt - i have no idea what that is but shaving the head sounds dramatic and you know i love that!!!! oh and thanks for finally posting- i was getting to think that your blog was only going to be my way to get to other people's blogs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home