Monday, August 04, 2008

Conversations with a Goose

So, this morning, James went to the potty when he got up. Then we took out a sheet of alphabet stickers. I took off the j-a-m-e-s and handed them to the boy.

He handed me y...o...u.

Makes you wonder.

Then again, he also found a sticker of a penguin and called it "CUCUMBER!" I'm not sure why he always thinks penguins are cucumbers, but I think it has something to do with Mr. Rogers.

If anyone knows anything more about this, or my child's mysterious and slightly creepy ability to spell with stickers, please, let me know.

I am SO tired.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

He is such a sweet smart little boy. Who knows what he knows?? I love Mr. Rogers and I am sure that there is a correlation between penguins and cucumbers. We just haven't figured it out yet. Love,rachel

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Elin said...

The sticker method worked wonders over here. Snorri is still very excited about them even though he's been diaper free for weeks now. But we don't have alphabet stickers since they are all imported and we would be missing some very vital Icelandic letters. But we do have alphabet cards that he absolutely loves! He can now recognize all the letters of the people who are close to him and he's making an effort to read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home