Friday, November 14, 2008

Day of Days

Today is World Diabetes Day. It's also my mother's birthday. So it seems like it should be a big day for me, blog-wise, right? Like I should have all these wise things to say about living with diabetes, or I should write a song of praise to the wonderful woman who raised me, the woman who right now is putting up with my entire household shoved into two of her bedrooms?

Yeah, well. If that's the kind of thing you're looking for today, go read the Tribute to my Mother and my Diabetes that I wrote last year, or check out My Life in Diabetic Moments. Or any of the thousands of other thoughtful, funny, beautiful posts from other members of the diabetes OC (online community).

I, for one, am too exhausted for words today. A steady diet of 5 a.m. wake-up calls from The Boy, followed by a dose of no-nap today, has really wiped me out. Also, the stress of WHEN THE HECK CAN WE MOVE INTO OUR HOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE* has been getting me down, and I've been fighting off a cold, and oh, the hormones.

You don't want to know about the hormones. They are crazy-making.

Additionally, I did T-Tapp today for the first time in 2 months or more (see above: stress, moving, exhaustion, etc.) and now my legs won't stop shaking.

Mom, I love you. You're an amazing grandma and we are all so lucky to have you!

Diabetes, one day soon you will meet your match and be done and out of my life. I just know it. Until that day...watch out for the soon-to-come pump, which will totally kick your butt into shape!

*We still don't actually know. The answer MIGHT be Monday, but that brings a host of logistical problems along with it. Never fear, faithful reader, you'll know the answer whenever I do.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a blessing having you and Ben and James here with me. I can't think of a better birthday than the one I had today with all three of my sweet children and my two adorable grandsons.
mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home