Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Today went by so, so fast compared to most of the other days since we got to my mom's. The secret ingredient? We went down to Norman and spent the day WITH! A! CAR!

Also, incidentally, we went to the bookstore, the toy store, and a friend's house...and that friend happens to have her own swingset. And kitty cats! And an Aunt Amber.

AND I got to have lunch with my friend Rachel, who gave James a lovely new farm toy with a TRACTOR!

And we went to Daddy's work and played around there. And if you want to talk about something making me feel old...I can't even begin to fathom how all the incredibly young, puerile, and slightly deranged meteorology students that I saw all over the place could possibly have been Ben and his friends just SEVEN YEARS AGO. Or actually, I guess that could be four years ago, considering we started at OU seven years ago, but I can't imagine any of the students I saw today were anything other than freshmen.

Except I'm sure they are. It's just that they're all so...hairless and squeaky and confused.

I guess time really does fly when you're having fun....or is that "when you're having kids?"

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Susan,

It was a happy time and James is a doll and he has good taste in women. He knows a mommy when he sees one (and a grandam) I was at Pepes again tonight with both granddaughters!1 So wonderful to see you, love, Rachel

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Mem said...

its when you are having kids darlin! glad to see a happy post- hugs

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Elin said...

We also LOVE Tractors in my house! One of Snorri's grandpas actually has a farm and supplies him with new tractors almost yearly. - I suspect grandpa likes it just as much if not more than Snorri!

Will you be living in Norman?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home