Tuesday, November 04, 2008

TGIVD

For those not in the know, that would be Thank Goodness It's Voting Day.

Because I seriously cannot STAND another day of recordings of someone's voice asking that I vote for someone ELSE because said someone else can't even be bothered to record their OWN voice to ask for my vote, and said someone can't even be bothered to actually call me personally to ask for my vote, which I couldn't even bestow upon them anyway since

1. I VOTED ALREADY so please God make it end

and

2. I AM NOT REGISTERED TO VOTE HERE so please leave me alone.

Yesterday I was sitting outside while James was "gardening" in Grandma's flower bed. Two people walked up--an older woman and a younger woman--and I groaned inwardly, since, as you might have guessed, I am SICK of the campaigning. No, people, I am NEVER going to "vote Kern-servative," so please for the love make it stop. (And yes, part of me is dying inside that THAT is one of my choices as a voter here in Oklahoma....ouch, just ouch.)

Anyway...as I was saying, two people walked up, I grimaced, and then? And then?

I was RELIEVED to discover that they were ONLY Jehovah's Witnesses.

I never thought I would feel relieved to see some JWs walking up to me like that, but there you have it. A symptom of all that is wrong politically in our country? Maybe. More likely it's a sign of my ever-shortening attention span and my inability to digest the crap the politicians are throwing at me on a regular basis.

So go VOTE and just maybe there will be one or two people on the ballot who can make a difference.

And then tomorrow, blessed silence on the campaign front. YES!!

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

SI SE PUEDE!!!!!!!!!!! Estoy contenta!! Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home