Friday, October 03, 2008

Living in the Moment

It's Friday night. Three weeks from today, we will be headed to Oklahoma.

Permanently.

If I breathe deeply enough, I can almost convince myself that I feel calm about this. If I remember to take each moment as it comes, to get through one day at a time, and to use all the meditation techniques I have in my arsenal to stop worrying about the future and pining over the past, maybe, just MAYBE, I can get through this without completely flipping out.

OHMYHOLYHEAVENSWE'REMOVING IN THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

We're excited but it's bittersweet. I wish we didn't have to leave here. I hate hate HATE moving. And we love it here. So keep us in your thoughts and prayers. And if you live in North Carolina, come visit us before we're gone! And if you live in Oklahoma...get ready, we're bringin' crazy back!

11 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Mem said...

i remember when you didnt want to move here- you will love it in OK and we will miss you- and you have way more awesome friends!!! advernture on sister mama!!!!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I AM THRILLED!!! love you, Rachel

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Elin said...

Wow! That's big news!!.
Good luck with the moving, I'm sure it will turn out fine.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Veronica Foale said...

Deep deep breaths. Good luck, I hope that the move is simple and easy and that everything goes well.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Jimmie said...

Hey, does this mean we'll get to see you guys at Christmas?? We'll be in OK Dec 21-27, and are planning on one day in Norman somewhere in there.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad and I have prayed for this move and for your pump Susan. We are both awed at the power of prayer - assuming that it had something to do with this! We have every confidence that you'll make a smooth transition - you are also on the prayer chain for a safe move. We love you all and are looking very forward to seeing you at Christmas time. We're hoping to encourage Andy to fly down and have Christmas together. Wouldn't that be something?

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Concerned Commune Member said...

WOW. Big news.

We will get together before you guys leave. But so sad!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Wow, I'll admit, I didn't see that coming. Kudos on the surprise factor. Now, are all of you moving? Or are you doing the family apart thing for a while?
You are going to love being closer to your family and sometimes that is enough to give up all the trees and beauty of NC.
I am sending you tons of "easy move" vibes to get you through the next 3 weeks.

hmmmmm, you are quite a bit closer to me though, I am loving that. Wanna come experience TX?

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Laura said...

How exciting!!! Good luck on the move!!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Susan,

In my mind we have already taken a road trip to Lubbock together so that I can meet one of my favorite bloggers. I want to go play on the airplane in the backyard. YEA!! Rachel

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Don't toy with me Rachel....I have two spare bedrooms, a dog that is in love with James, and am not afraid to use them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home