Monday, December 15, 2008

A Good Day Today, Gromit*

We got the couch today. Granted, they told me it would be delivered between 1:36 and 3:36 and it was a lot closer to 5:36 when they got here, but we got our couch. Then we had a delicious meal of Chinese food brought to us by our friend Kenny. James and I cooked oatmeal cookies for dessert. We had a fire and some tea and then James and Kenny ran off and played while Ben and I just sat on our new couch. So tonight I'm feeling thankful for this day, just in general. Today was a good day.

Also, though, I feel grateful for the unexpected--like the fact that James ran around our couch yelling, "Mommy! Daddy! It's a circle! I running in a circle!" for AT LEAST 10 minutes in a row. And now he's exhausted.

Ah, bliss. =)

*I have Wallace and Gromit on the brain, as Ben and James watched one of the shorts yesterday. Sorry if that made no sense to you non-WG-fans.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum, oatmeal cookies. Were they Grandma Lucille's, or regular?
mama

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Susana la Banana said...

They were "regular," I guess.

As opposed to "Grandma Lucille's," which are made by some young guy in some apartment in New York...

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home