Monday, December 08, 2008

Imagination

I am ever so thankful and grateful for the bounty of James' imagination, and for my own imagination as well. It is super-fun to get to play with him and see what he comes up with. Right now his favorite game is "weather," in which we are doing some other activity--usually sleeping--which we have to stop to notice the weather. IT'S RAINING! he'll tell me. Or GET UP THERE'S RAIN! WE NEED AN UMBRELLA! IT'S GOING TO THUNDER, THERE'S WIND AND LIGHTNING AND HAIL AND SNOW AND TORNADO!!!! And then we go back to sleep, or back to cooking up a vegetable stew or pancakes or something, until the storm intrudes again.

He also really loves to dress up and deliver the mail. We got him a mail carrier outfit on discount after Halloween, and he really goes to town, literally, delivering everyone some mail. Also, when we're not dressed up, when we just stop by the park on the way to pick Daddy up from work, we'll run from one end of the playground to the other, from the "pickup mail" point to the "delivery!" point, giving everyone the joy of mail. =)

It's so fun and so cute to get to hear what's going on in his little head, and to get to be part of his pretend world every day. Kids have the best imagination ever.


Then again, the other night I had a dream I was shopping for miniature furniture and there was a tiger loose in the store and I was trying to warn everyone and they were all, OH COME ON SUSAN HE'S A NICE TIGER WHAT'D HE EVER DO TO YOU. And then I went to the makeup ad beauty section where Paul Newman was trying out the newest line of lipsticks.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Lauren Wayne said...

So fun! I so look forward to when my boy starts imaginative play. I've been pining ever since junior high that no one wants to play dress-up with me anymore. That's a good reason to have your own kid, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home