Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A little humidity, please?

I would be so thankful for some humidity right about now. I never thought I'd wish for THAT. After several years living through the ordeal of a North Carolina August, that month where you feel like you're drowning when you try to take a breath, I thought I'd be glad for a little dry air.

But my cracked and bleeding skin begs to differ. My skin looks like it's covered in a fine ash, but no, that's just really supercalifragilisticexpeali-dry-skin. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to use when applying the gentlest of lotions causes my skin to feel like it's on fire with the burning?

Vaseline? Olive oil? Any other ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? Help!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

My body went through the same awful transition when we moved too. Luckily it has adjusted but when we first moved here I thought I would crack to pieces.

Pure coconut oil worked the best for me. I would slather myself every night before bed and dream of living in the tropics.

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try rubbing baby oil all over after you've showered but before you've dried yourself off.

Mom

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for almond oil applied to your skin, and take a spoonful of olive oil as a supplement each day. The almond oil is very mild and won't likely affect those who are close to you. Also, it's easy to obtain at Akin's.
mama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home