Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoThankGodIt'sOvo

Well, I did it. I posted every day for a month....sort of. Last year I went for content, and this year I definitely feel like I was only proving endurance, not writing skills, but oh well.

There's always next month...the theme for next month is "THANKS!" so I think that will be fun. I won't worry too much about missing a post, either, since I managed to make it through November even though I had several days without internet access. Thank you to Mom, Amber, and Sandra, who might or might not have helped me put up posts during those times. ;)

So anyway. I had a post I was going to publish on Friday, but it's equally appropriate now, since tomorrow is December 1 and I can hardly believe Christmas is upon us. Here you go:

Welcome to Black Friday. In honor of today’s traditional rampant consumerism and insane American shopping antics, I bring you a poem I wrote in the sixth grade. It also happens to be a Christmas poem, which is nice because HOLY COW IT’S LESS THAN A MONTH TILL CHRISTMAS. I will still always be surprised by how fast time flies.

Anyway. Poem. Here it is, and I’ll let you be the judge of whether or not I *might* have had a little bit of pent-up aggression:

Holly Jolly Limerick

Christmas brings trees, and toys
For good little girls and boys.
For a bad little one,
There isn’t any fun,
So SHUT UP!
Um…keep down the noise.

(Note to my dear readers: This poem was required for my class. If you know me, you know that I certainly at no point in my life have felt like little children should shut up...but will refrain from commenting upon whether or not that attitude might have been turned upon me at some point in my life...)

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Jimmie said...

Thanks for the tip on the bread--I will definitely try that next time. I, for one, am sad NaBloPoMo is over, because I will miss reading your daily updates, even if they are short sometimes. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home