Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Problem with Contentment

I had in mind a mad post, a post about how horribly depressing Wal-Mart and the like are, how thoughtless people do so much harm every day and why oh why don't they think of THE CHILDREN; they can't even be bothered to care about themselves.

But. I cooked some delicious comforting beans and cornbread for dinner while Ben built a fire. We had a lovely meal together, and now I have a great internal as well as external glow to keep me warm. And I am feeling too happy and relaxed to go on any great rants tonight.

This is why we have PMS, people, to shake us out of our contentment and get us working for positive change. But in the meantime, I'm going to go enjoy my family and count my many, many blessings.

Including internet in our own home! =)

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger rach cortest said...

I love your happy posts!! Meagan was rendered mute yesterday iin her post, probably because of the trouncing that the Sooners gave to the Red Raiders. There were Lubbockians all over Norman.

Leaving for Scottsdale tomorrow. Let's get together when I get back. Hugs to sweet baby James. love, Rachel

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Yes, red raiders are hanging their heads rather low today. Ah well, still a great season....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home