Thursday, December 04, 2008

Letting It Go

Today I'm thankful for a little peace of mind.

It's been about 9 weeks since we found out we were moving, and since that day, I've been so anxious, tense, stressed, I've been having bad dreams, headaches, backaches, even chest pain at times from my back being so out of place. I've had a TON of bad anxiety dreams. I've yelled, and I am not often a yeller. I've eaten donuts. More than once. And before this, I have to say I'm having a hard time coming up with the last time I encountered a donut. I've even let my child have a piece of donut, and as a diabetic mom, I am understandably fearful of introducing those kinds of foods into his repertoire. Especially on back-to-back days.

But I never had the time and space to just sit down and contemplate the whole ordeal and how much has happened and how much our lives have changed and so on and so forth. Finally, I sat down and just cried for about 30 minutes, for all the tough and sad things about this move.

Then I meditated on letting it all go. And since then I have been demonstrably calmer and happier. No chest pain. No anxiety dreams. No drop-of-a-hat rage. Just peace and quiet and feeling so much more like myself.

So today I'm thankful for the chance to come to terms with the changes in our life and the new place we're in. I think I'm going to like it! =)

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Susan,

I am so happy that you have been able to help yourself get in a better place. Letting go is HARD. Let's get together soon!! Love, Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home