Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Little Helper

Yes, I'm going to be reduced to bragging about my kid again. Yes, I'm too tired or too lazy or too child-obsessed to write about something else tonight. Probably all three. And no, I don't feel bad about any of it! The Kid is too cute for me to care. Also, the sinuses. And the sore throat. Oy vey.

Anyway, today I was thinking about how much James loves to help. On any given day, he helps with just about every item on my to-do list. One day he'll help me put the laundry into the washer and turn the button, then help me put it into the dryer and turn the dryer on, then help me fold the laundry (well...."fold" is a loose approximation of what he does), then help me put it in drawers....or on the floor, which is where most of it lives now, since we haven't yet figured out whose clothes belong where in the new house.

The next day he'll help me unload the fresh clean dishes from our DISHWASHER (and let me tell you, after 3 years without one, how sweet it is...) and then rinse and reload and push the start. And he'll help me chop vegetables and boil water and whatever else we have to do for dinner. And he'll set the timer and help me sweep the floor.

Or maybe he'll go outside with Daddy and rake leaves and then bring "sticks" in and help make a fire. And then he'll measure the flour and sugar and cinnamon and vanilla and whatever else we decide to put in our cookies if we're baking cookies that night.

He is a gem, ladies and gents. While it may be true that all these chores now take quite a bit longer for me to finish than they did pre-Kid, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home