Friday, July 23, 2010

Do You Think His Eyes Will Stay Blue?

People always ask this question about my babies, and I always sort of say, uh, YEAH, considering that Ben and I both have blue eyes. Evidence shot #1 of our genetic material:


I was trying to get a good picture of Nathan's natural mohawk, which is of course adorable, but instead I got these pictures of his blazingly blue eyes. And then James wanted me to take an up-close picture of him too...and lo and behold...I noticed something strange.

Green eyes! James used to have eyes just as blue as that shot of Nathan's...but apparently my boys did NOT get just Ben's genetic material when it comes to eye color, although for the rest they look like clones to me...because as far as I know, my mom is the only one in the whole family with green eyes. It's weird that it took them so long to change, though, because I went back and looked at a bunch of old pictures because, sadly, we hadn't really noticed this before, and a year ago? They were still at least mostly blue. My eyes sort of are greenish-blue, as opposed to my husband's ice blue, but this is so interesting. I can't wait to see what happens to the boys' hair as they grow up (will it go Ben-crazy? Will it be blonde or black or green or what?) as well as every other part of their grown-up selves. One of the many, many amazing and fun things about being a parent.

Love to all, until next time~

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Eye color is so strange!! I have hazel and Jeff has brown, so we are still shocked to have a blue eyed daughter!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger gwen said...

Ooh, Nathan is starting to look more like James as he gets bigger. It is fun to see how little ones features change as they get older. I just had a lady at the grocery store tell me how her once blonde haired baby grew up to have black hair. You just never know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home