Thursday, December 07, 2006

Indisputable (the whole story!)

NOTE: At last! This is the final version! I figured out how to make pictures smaller and apparently they load! (Actually, Ben did the dirty work, but whatever.) Yay! Internet gods, you have been foiled!

After James and I babysat James’ friend Olivia yesterday, I have discovered an undeniable truth: there is just not much in the world that is cuter than two babies playing together. See here:



However, this is an adult opinion, not necessarily shared by said two babies. Although they generally had a GREAT time, there was the occasional moment of confusion or displeasure. As in here:



where James says, uh, Olivia? What you're doing with that toy...I'm not sure that's allowed.


Or here:

Olivia says, Um, EXCUSE ME, but why haven’t you given me that toy yet?

And then, of course, there’s also the “denial” stage…As in, nope, there’s not another baby here, what you talkin’ about?


Yes, that is my son, surrounded by toys and faced by another baby, choosing to ignore it all and chew on his Boppy instead. Seriously.

So my guy, while maintaining an image of perfect decorum, was perhaps not the most well-pleased with the situation. However, when the mommy claps her hands together in front of James’ face? That, my friends, is something we can’t get enough of.

And yet, somehow Daddy still comes out ahead in the “cool parent” race.

4 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

This is like a daily digest...it is riveting.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Susana la Banana said...

And the plot continues to thicken...

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Susan, you are killing me. What happened next? Was Olivia carried away by vultures? I.Must.Know
Signed,
Losing sleep in Raleigh

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys have the cutest kid ever!
Merry Christmas!
Jimmie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home