Sunday, November 18, 2007

Baby steps.

So much for posting earlier in the day.

Oh well. Today has flown by, and here I sit, facing another Monday. I am not a fan of Mondays. But at least this week is short, and we have a holiday and more family coming at the end of the week to look forward to.

I had a really fun and interesting blog post half-written in my head as I was falling asleep last night. You would have loved it. Unfortunately, I can't remember a word of it now. I can't even remember the subject matter.

So instead, I'm here to tell you the news I got today...we'll have a new baby with us in February!

NO, I AM NOT PREGNANT. I did not miss 7 months of pregnancy and this is not an announcement of my own impending labor. Rather, I am going to be taking care of a friend's baby when she goes back to work in February. And I am so excited!

That's like getting to have another baby...without having to go through pregnancy again...and without the early sleepless nights and crazy hormone tides...and with the ability to give the baby back when you need to. With nights and weekends and even some weekdays OFF! Woo hoo!

So that's my news. In a little over 2 months, I will have 2 kiddos to take care of, most days. It should be a great adventure. Maybe it's my own version of baby steps toward the still far-distant future when we're ready to have James' little brother or sister.

I just hope the new one sleeps better than James. His sleep troubles are breaking my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home