Monday, March 03, 2008

It's TY TY!

You all know that I've been taking care of a leetle teeny baby lately. BUT...I have yet to show him off. Here is James with his new little friend Tyler, who he affectionately calls TY TY!


Don't you love James' idea of posing for the camera? And Tyler's "I'm 10 weeks old so you just scared the bejeezus out of me with that camera flash" look? I got a picture with Tyler smiling, but James' face wasn't quite as great, and since this blog isn't called Tyler and the Giant Moose...I went with the one that made my kid look good. So sue me!

Tyler usually comes over 3 to 4 days a week. At first, James wasn't sure what to think...and he especially didn't enjoy the fact that Mama couldn't always hold him while she had to take care of the Other Baby. But I fixed that!

Okay, this was a rare show-off moment for me, born out of desperation as I was going to walk over to my friend Christina's house but neither child would let me put him down without wailing...so I just carried both! Last spring when I was babysitting Olivia, I had one baby on each hip, but this is the first time I've worn one on front and one on back. I am SO COOL!

Anyway, moving on...James is pretty much fascinated by Ty Ty these days, and my favorite tidbit to tell people is that James is constantly telling me I should change Ty Ty's diaper. But there is at least ONE thing that James loves more than helping me take care of Ty Ty....DIGGERS! And today they began ripping up the sidewalk in front of our apartment to replace it with new, ostensibly improved sidewalk, although I don't see what was so wrong with our sidewalk to begin with. I may have my reservations about the whole project, but James, on the other hand, is profoundly grateful. Here he is in our kitchen at about 9:00 this morning.


(Now quick! Look away before you notice the disaster state that reigns in the kitchen...)

And here he is at almost noon:

To be fair, we did go outside and play on the playground with Olivia and Zachary for about an hour and a half in the middle...but still. It was so hard to pry him from that window. I wouldn't have even tried if it hadn't been his naptime, and therefore my only chance to post!

So, you're welcome. If they keep construction going right outside our window, I think I'll have ample opportunity to post in the next couple of days, so stay tuned!

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Susan,

I LOVE today's post. The pictures are fabulous. James looks like his daddy in the first photo. Usually he looks just like you.

Ty Ty is darling. How fun!! Okay, maybe not all of the time but he is a cutie. You look not only clever in the photo but very skinny. love,rachel

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger sandra and sir charles said...

You are amazing susan! I love and miss you and very much enjoyed the picture of you wearing the kiddos!! I agree with rach, YOU LOOK SO SKINNY! AND veryvery very clever!

Love,
Sandra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home