Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Universe Hates Me Update

So the reason that I posted such a depressing post last time was that it was four in the morning...on the second of now four nights in a row of James having a middle-of-the-night 2 hour stretch of not sleeping. As anyone who has experienced this before will attest, that feels like the end of the world.

But also? There is a lot of stress circulating around our house right now. Please pray or wish or incant or whatever you do that we will have a clear path ahead of us, and that it be one that is good for us all. Right now we don't know what that is, in so many ways. I don't mean to be cryptic but there are just a lot of ways in which we are floundering, and I don't want to go into them all. Some are too personal, some are things we don't want the Internets to have free reign with. But hopefully we can elaborate more sometime soon.

Anyway. Yet another reason I feel like the Universe hates me is that this is the fourth weekend in a row that we have a brand-new illness. Therefore, not only do we always feel like poo, our house is nasty, about a million times worse than its usual disorderly state, because we are always too sickly to feel up to cleaning it. So...pray for cleaning fairies?

And also...with this illness comes a very rough and deep cough. In fact, tonight right after dinner, I started coughing so hard that I coughed some of my food up, which of course then gagged me and then I threw my entire dinner up.

Awesome.

3 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Elin said...

Well the horrible flu and ear infection has been around here since Christmas! - And first it was just Snorri, then Snorri and Daniel and no me!!

Hope you all feel better soon!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

susan,

I hope that things are going better. I am sending you lots of good wishes. love,rachel

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Elin said...

o, and the two your non sleeping during the night... we only got that out of the way by minimizing naps during the day, only one nap, and always wake up by 2pm, no matter when the nap started. This is particularily frustrating when you are so tired you just want to take a nap with the toddler!

all I have to say is, you will get through it - can't say when, but you will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home