Friday, January 25, 2008

Snapshots

So you wanna know how my days have been going lately?

Here's a little taste, courtesy of yesterday's bountiful givings.

Thursday morning around 11: Zachary and James are playing together in the living room. I'm simultaneously eating lunch and fixing Tyler a bottle. Suddenly, Zachary starts pretty much all-out screaming. Although he is fairly articulate, it takes me a moment to understand what has thrown him into such a state of hysteria: HEPOOPEDJAMESPOOPEDANDITSTINKSANDYOUHAVETOCHANGEHIMNOW
NOWNOWBECAUSEITSTINKSANDHE'SCOMINGTOWARDSMEANDITSTINKS
ANDHEPOOPEDANDAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

After I recover from a bout of delirious laughter, I explain to him that I can't change James' diaper quite yet...but he only moves on after I promise not to let James chase him around the house with The Stink.

Thursday morning at 8:30, 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30: Tyler needs a bottle. Whoa, growth spurts happen like that in bottle-fed babies too. Apparently you have to give them BIGGER BOTTLES! Case cracked. Hopefully Friday will go a little more smoothly in the I'M STARVING department.

Thursday afternoon, 1:00: James has been asleep for about half an hour when he suddenly wakes up. Oh NO! Worst Nightmare has happened--cranky sleepy toddler who won't sleep and baby who can't be left alone while I cajole toddler to sleep. I spend almost an hour trying everything I can think of, and then realize that he's actually NOT cranky! Saints be praised. I relax and the rest of the day is fine. And then...he sleeps at night! And so do we! And the world is a beautiful place again! Woo-hoo!

Thursday evening, 9:00: Grey's Anatomy is still showing reruns. Because of this crazy writers' strike thing that I've heard about, we are forced--FORCED!--to watch The Celebrity Apprentice. Like we have for the last 3 weeks in a row. Goshdarnit. Television IS addicting. And you know what else? I can't even stand Donald Trump. In case he ever wanted to ask me his famous question--If you were me, who would you fire?--I would be ready to explain that I would fire Donald Trump, because he creeps me out. SO THERE!

All in all, things are going pretty well, don'tcha think?

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger sandra and sir charles said...

craziness!! (I assume formula? :()

Glad that things are going smoothly!!

Love ya,
Sand

p.s. gotta go, Charlie has really started to crawl!!!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Susan,

You are really busy these days. I also hate Donald Trump and miss Greys Anatomy. This writer strike is NOT good.

I am sorry that little James was sick today. Hang in there!!! love,rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home