Friday, January 25, 2008

Snapshots, Part Two: I Hope This One Comes Out Blurry

Friday, 3:00:

I'm feeding the baby. James wants to sit on my lap and becomes slightly distressed that he can't have it all to himself (even though he is, actually, sitting on my lap...there's just also a baby there). Suddenly, he begins to cry hysterically, and the phrase "freaking out" comes to mind. I put the baby down and find a way to prop his bottle (I know, I know, You're Not Supposed to do That) just seconds before James throws up all over himself, the floor, and me, but luckily, not the baby. (See? That was an entirely judicious use of the bottle-propping.)

Also, I am starting to get low blood sugar.

Luckily, Tyler's mom comes to get him at 4:00 (I love you, Fridays!), and Ben comes home early to help us out. After some clean-up and cuddling, James seems fine, although he is still intensely congested. We now have a doctor's appointment for Monday to take care of our mucosal woes.

Somehow, we got through the day relatively unharmed. But that felt like a close one. Really drives home the meaning of TGIF.

Happy Weekend, everyone!

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh fun fun! Aren't you ready for another one yet LOL I think Delaney was about the age James is when Colin was born - 18 months, 5 days. But no bottles here, just boob...so the puke would have gone all over the baby...ewww!! Luckily that never happened!

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! Definitely with you on the bottle propping, I would have as well. Good thing he didn't puke on the baby.

Hope the doctor can help with the congestion.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger sandra and sir charles said...

that stinks! (not just the throwing up, but the whole bottle thing too.)

Hey,you know your triangle doula site isn't working?

fyi.

~Sand

 

Post a Comment

<< Home