Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whining in Disguise

I don't really know what to say I'm thankful about today, specifically. I'm generally feeling very thankful to have the life I have now and to be blessed with all the wonderful circumstances of my life as it is today.

However, I'd like to be feeling thankful for my good health, but my sore throat will NOT go away. I'd like to feel thankful that James is feeling good and happy but last night he could NOT go to sleep and today he threw up a little bit. Although I think that's just because he was rough-housing with Ben a little too much, still, no fun. I'd like to feel thankful to have a warm and cozy place to sit and type but...oh, wait, I guess I do have that, as long as Ben doesn't get up. It is FREEZING in our house, because it's freezing outside, and because it costs an arm and a leg to heat this huge house and we're not used to that and neither is our wallet.

So today I guess I'm thankful for the cold weather. It's been a long time since I've gotten to see snow on the ground....and today, I got to see something on the ground that looked like snow. It was a very small amount and at first we weren't sure, but lo and behold, it actually was snow.

And yes, James and I have done a lot of ice skating outside today. So he fell asleep pretty easily tonight. Too bad I can't keep up the activity level because of this sore throat and everlasting cold.

Ah, well. Ben is bugging me to go play internet games with him, so it's back to the TextTwist we go. I'm very, very thankful for such a fun and silly husband, that's for sure. =)

1 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Happy Birthday Ben!! I was worried that you were really sick Susan so glad that you were able to post today. Let me know if you need anything. love, Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home