Monday, January 05, 2009

Commence Comments

Tanya at The Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog has a post up today that informs me that it's National De-Lurking Week. Thus, I beg of you, de-lurk!

For those of you wondering what the heck this means, a lurker is someone who reads a blog but does not comment on it, especially if the reader checks the blog fairly regularly. Thus, de-lurking is making yourself known to the blog author by commenting. So comment, please, especially if you're not a frequent commenter, since I have no idea who reads this blog if you don't comment...and don't forget to tell me who you are!

Just for fun, please also tell me one of your favorite books and why you like it. I can always use more book recommendations! =)

Oh, and Happy New Year!

7 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger tanya@motherwearblog said...

Hi Susan,

I'm returning the favor!

I'm currently reading The Mysterious Benedict Society, which is a kids book, recommended to me by my 5th grader cousin. The last good adult book I read was Eat, Pray, Love.

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting!

Tanya

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger half pint pixie said...

**Delurk** I'm new here, popping over from Motherwear :) Off for a nosey around.

Bookwise... I used to be a huge reader but then motherhood took over my bookshelves, currently reading "Mothering your nursing toddler" but let me see, I am a fan of old sci-fi novels, one of my all time favourites is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, well worth a read!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm delurking! Though I do comment occasionally!

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just de-lurking after lurking, hoping for a picture or two...and that you will get some rest and not be so exhausted! How is that growth spurt going?
mama

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Mem said...

i don't lurk so much as stalk. um i mean check in with friends who ditch raleigh!!!! ha ha miss you and your man cub. hows it hanging? send some freakin snow our way!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Mem said...

shoot i forgot about the book- um lately i've been reading 'smash mash crash there goes the trash' i don't read grown up books anymore *sigh*

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you probably already have most of my recommendations and favorites on your Goodreads list.

I'm currently reading "The Rose Labyrinth" by Titania Hardie. It's a mystery primarily set in present day London, but the mystery originates with Queen Elizabeth's astrologer Dr. John Dee, so there's quite a bit of history as well.

The book also comes with a number of "parchments" that are supposed to be clues to help the reader solve the mystery. So far, none of that has made a bit of sense to me. I may not be far enough into the book yet, though.

I'm slightly disappointed that I don't get the extra puzzle/game part of it, but the book itself is good so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home