Sunday, May 24, 2009

Creativity

James and I just picked up a new Thomas the Tank Engine game at a garage sale this weekend. It's a matching game, with little boards and then cards that match the pictures on the boards. James stepped on the box, and I began to explain to him how you have to be very gentle to these boards, they're made of cardboard and they're breakable, you can't bend or fold them or anything, etc.

After this nice little explanatory discussion, James immediately wanted to chat about something else on HIS agenda--I think it was fire trucks. So I said, "James, did you hear what I just said?"

He looked at me and said, "Um..."

So I held up one of the cardboard playing boards and said, "This is...," thinking an appropriate answer would be "Breakable."

He said, "Sausage!"

Thus, again, my not-yet-three-year-old helps me remember not to take life quite so seriously, and sometimes, to just stop and smell the sausages.

God, I love being his mommy.

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Elin said...

LOL!
This sounds very much like what goes on in my household!
...Snorri, did you hear what I just said?? ...No, I wasn't listening, I was making up this song do you want to hear it??

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

I love this story. He is a precious little boy. love,Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home