Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Little Stormchaser

On Sunday, Ben went (storm)chasing....and we forgot to really warn James. He bawled as Ben was leaving, and then all day told me about how he wanted Daddy to come back now. It was very sad.

And now I get to learn firsthand the theories put forth in Playful Parenting--specifically, that kids will use play to work through something that is hard for them, to understand it and take control of it.

In other words, all week James has been "packing a lunch" and leaving me and telling me I'll miss him but he'll be back soon. He's gotten in the car and told me he's ready to leave and BYE! SEE YOU LATER MAMA! And today he told me, "Mommy, I'm going chasing tomorrow."

Which, really, is a little heartbreaking, but mostly just a-DOR-able.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Such a sweet boy. I love this story. There are plenty of storms for Ben to chase these days. love,Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home