Sunday, May 31, 2009

Notes from a Farm Life: Day One

We moved into the new house yesterday. We love it and we are so happy!

We have "free-range" chickens now, which is to say, we have a little bantam rooster and hen that came with the property, and the rooster kicked Grandma Jane when she tried to get him back in his pen. He's a little feisty.

James named the rooster "Turkey" and the hen "Chicken."

We have a bull that lives right behind our property (so, just to clarify, not actually our bull) who moos a lot. Loudly. It's funny. I think I'll call him Big Business. :)

We have no internet out there right now so I'm in the old house typing this and Ben hasn't had internet access in 48 hours so he's about to pass out if I don't let him have a turn now.

Fin.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

I am so happy for you. We had a Texas longhorn in our yard a few days ago. Very exciting happenings in the country!!! I will see you soon. Last week of intersession. YES! love,Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home