Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Miracle of Life

So this morning we had a kid.

Quick, easy, all-natural labor.

In fact, we didn't even find the kid until about 10:30, and we figure the birth was around 7:00 this morning.



Surprise! Surprise to you and to us, that is. We didn't even know our girl goat was pregnant.

Go ahead and laugh. But then ask yourselves, what the heck? She was in heat for three months in a row, I swear. Except apparently she wasn't, because she was busy growing this kid.

Clover stole my thunder. She beat me to the punch. Our baby girl goat is a mommy! I can't believe it.

No, really. Ben asked me if I believed in the Baby Jesus Goat, since it was almost a case of immaculate conception. She had to have got pregnant like the day before we got her. Anyway.

Soooooooooooooooo tired. Such a cute baby. Must go sleep. Adios!

3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Cleo has been saying BABY GOAT SLEEPING over and over. She loved her time at your farm. Thanks!!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie M said...

I guess sometimes kids will surprise you!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Lauren Wayne said...

That is so awesome. She didn't even tour a birthing center or set up a gift registry! Goats know the low-key way to do things. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home