Friday, January 15, 2010

No time for reflections

It feels sad to me that it's been almost a month since I got on the internet. I used to have a great support network here, and really get to express myself and feel less alone with whatever thing I was going through...but lately, first since we bought a farm (where we can't really get internet access) in June and then especially since I got pregnant in July and couldn't get up off the couch for 4 or 5 months...I just haven't been getting out much.

Our holidays were half awesome, half sad. Sad because we couldn't get together with any extended family because of the blizzard. Also because our dog ate a knob off of a dresser and had to have emergency surgery. Thus no Christmas presents for Ben and me. Ben says we bought ourselves a (very expensive) healthy dog for Christmas. That was not very fun.

But awesome because we had TONS of snow and we had uninterrupted days upon days with Daddy. It was actually a little bit of a tough adjustment when he had to go back to work. And since then I've had umpteen-zillion doctor appointments, as it's less than three months till Baby Brother gets here.

And no, we do not have a name for him yet. Besides Gardenyarter Bijeeto. Which James is *still* convinced is his name. Sometimes we call him Thumper because he loves to thump around in there, but pretty sure that's not going on the birth certificate either. We promise we'll let you know...when he's born! ;)

Gotta run. But, for the record, I still miss you, internets. Maybe someday we'll get home access and be friends again?

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger The Vollmers said...

Good luck Susana la Banana! With both the baby, your dog, and with your internet access ordeals.

We enjoyed the snow days here, too...at first. It's getting very old very quickly here.

Time to get off my butt and become productive.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

So good to have news from you. I will call soon. What a crazy Xmas it was indeed!! I am glad that you are all okay. Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home