Friday, October 02, 2009

Travel Observations

Yesterday was a very, very, VERY long day. We picked Ben up from work at noon and then we drove for eight hours.

Ugh.

However, James is an amazing car traveler. A-MAZE-ING. He read himself books for at least an hour. He played with his firetruck and his computer ("compeedwer") and his cars, and he colored 6 or 7 pictures. We all listened to music and sometimes James sang along. Well, except that he wasn't singing to the songs that were playing. He always sings one of a handful of songs but he likes it when the radio is on...so we could've been listening to "Back in Black" or "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" or "La Bamba" but James would sing "ABC" or "Puff the Magic Dragon" or "Twinkle Twinkle."

My nausea was actually better yesterday. But I'm wondering, was that real? Or was it just because I was sitting still for 8 hours? Hm. Either way, I'm grateful.

Today we have to drive 6 more hours. Luckily, Nana (Ben's dad's mom) is on the way, so we'll have a nice long stop there and a visit with her, and then for dinner we'll be with Grandma Robin and Grandpa Dave.

Wake me up when we get to Nana's.

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

I had no idea that you were leaving the state. Is Gromit with you? Call me when you get back. Love,Rachel Tell James that i miss him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home