Monday, June 08, 2009

Into Each Life a Little Rain Must Fall

Or, at least, 10 days after moving into your new house, straight-line winds of 70 m.p.h. might just knock a couple of enormous tree limbs onto your house.

I can't get too worked up about it, though, due to the fact that, as the old saying above goes, this might be expected. Also, I can't count the number of times someone has told me that as soon as you move into a new house, something happens. Hopefully this one will prove to be not too too expensive. Luckily, no one was hurt, although it was sort of painful to me that, after I slept through the entire process of the tree crashing down on our house, Ben ran into the bedroom and said, 'SUSAN ARE YOU OKAY?!?" while I was in a very deep sleep.

But I'm glad he cares.

And I'm also glad that the deductible on our homeowners' insurance is an amount we can afford, if need be.

And I'm still very glad to be in this new place, trees and all.

Still waiting on the internet, though.

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Aidan&Peytons Mama said...

Wow! That is crazy. Glad you are all O.K.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger rach cortest said...

You always find humor in any situation but I must say, that had to be scary and upsetting. I am glad you are all okay. love,Rachel

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'm so glad you have a sturdy roof.
Mom S.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Wow - you've been through it, huh? Glad everyone is okay. Sorry I haven't done a better job keeping up, although we've been thinking about you guys. Tyler is jibbering up a storm and I can tell that he's trying really hard to say a lot of words. Insanly busy, but trying to have as much fun with it as we can - that's pretty much how we're doing. Glad you finally got your pump - I know you waited a long time for it. Tell James & Ben we said Hi! Melinda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home