Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Ever-Expanding Family

And no, I'm not just talking about my waistline.

There's also my milk-makers. Is it normal for me to already not feel like sleeping on them because they feel like rocks? Just curious.

Okay, but really, I meant to have this post be about GROMIT! And in case you don't know, that's our new dog. You see, I really meant to post more now that I've told everyone we're expecting...BUT...first there was the morning, I mean, ALL DAY EVERY DAY sickness, and then we got this puppy! So yes, Gromit is our new puppy, and yes, James did insist upon that name.

And yes, I really did want to post pictures but that is just not in the cards for today.

We got him a little over a week ago, when he was 6 weeks old, so he's still pretty tiny, but he won't be for long. He's half English mastiff and half Great Pyrenees, so he is technically a "Giant" dog. He looks all mastiff so far, and we're sort of hoping that part will stick. Pyrenees are great dogs too but more prone to wandering. Either way, we're superexcited about him and he's smart and fun and cute and, in case anyone's curious, GREAT practice for having a baby. He weighed 7.5 pounds when we got him, and I had to carry him a lot that first day, and then my arms were tired....he wakes us up at night a little bit to go potty, although not NEARLY as much as a human baby....and there are definitely a few sibling rivalry issues we can work through now. =)

Okay, gotta run. Just wanted to check in and say WOOF!

7 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger rach cortest said...

Susan,

Love this post about Gromit. I cannot wait to see him. Does this mean that James is naming the baby also and James will have a sibling named Gardenyarter?? Rachel

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Awww, yay!! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie M said...

Welcome, Gromit! I can't wait to see him. Think he and Max will be friends?? Since he will be double Max's size, maybe they'd better meet soon.

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to see if the English mastiff combination is as good as the pyrenees/yellow lab mix Matt's sister has. Jack is a great (and great big) dog. The pyrenees temperament makes him a great kids dog. He just doesn't care what they do to him.

Becky

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to change the blog title to James and the Giant Gromit?

Becky

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aw!!! Gromit dog!! Yeah you gotta post pics!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Lauren Wayne said...

All right, I'll be the only one to address the boobie issue. I think that's normal. Granted, this was a long time ago now and there have probably been many more changes. But just saying!

Yea, Gromit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home