Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thoughts

We've taken to calling the baby goat B. J., short for Baby Jesus, until we can think of something that goes a little better with Clover.

I have so much to do before Baby Brother arrives. Slightly panicky but oh well.

I feel like a bad dog mommy. I've never posted a picture of Gromit up here, I think, and we have several but almost none loaded onto the computer. So I'll add one and just say that was at Thanksgiving, and now he's six months old and he weighs about 80 pounds. And he would be a really good dog, except he's not right now and we don't know what to do about that because we've tried everything and we only have a few more weeks until Baby Brother's birth and we can't risk aggressive dogness around our new little precious. But seriously. Don't suggest that we didn't try everything. That would be hurtful and also a lie. Just pray for him or something so we can figure out what's wrong.

Everything besides the dog problem (which, btw, came up just about 2 weeks after his neuter, and if you know anything about THAT then yeah, let me know) has been blasted out of my brain. I HATE feeling like a dog failure. I HATE the idea of giving away my son's "sweet little poochie-poochie-poo."

But he's not sweet and he's not little and yeah. I guess by putting this up here I'm inviting criticism in a way but seriously. It's just because we've tried everything and I'm so frustrated and strung-out about this dog problem. Which really did seem to come out of nowhere. Except for the neuter.

Is he mad at us for rendering him infertile or what?

3 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Ana, Emery, and Ollie's Mama said...

Ughhh, the feeling of doggie failure is the worst. We dealt with that when I was pregnant with Analise. We opted to give our sweet/precious beast to a couple without children before Ana came along. I cried for about a week and then everything seemed magically better. I didn't quite realize how stressed I was about the situation until it was handled and I could finally relax in my own home.

I know you and know that you have tried EVERYTHING...and I know that testicles are not where dogs keep their "calm, gentle feelings" so that sounds like an odd coincidence. Anyway, I am sure you already know what you have to do. Just not worth the risk. Good luck, I know it won't be easy for you or James.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Mem said...

his personality could have changed bc you are pregnant- that happens to our lab each time i am pregnant and once the babe is here he goes back to being totally mellow and fine. why not try a dog class?

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Shannon Key said...

It's a normal developmental thing for some dogs to become more fearful and fear aggressive around 6 months old. Can even happen with the sweetest dogs, and can happen suddenly. Unfortunately it can last a few months. We also had to re-home a fear aggressive dog when Gabriel was born, so I know how awful that feels. :( We did have a really good trainer around here, let me know if you want me to look up his contact info for you, but I totally understand the baby conflict!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home