Friday, September 23, 2011

BOOZE is Nathan for cows.

Today, the kids and I had a good day. Those have been somewhat few and far between lately, and I'm really glad we got to go out and play at the playground, get errands done, etc. While we were at the playground, I got a call from an old friend, a friend I made when I was James' age and who I haven't seen since James was about Nathan's age. This friend was coming through town and wanted to stop quick and see us, so we met at the library. We were discussing how we hadn't seen each other since J was N's age, blah blah blah, and my friend told James, "The last time I saw you, you were as little as your brother, you couldn't even talk! Just like he can't talk now." And James immediately corrected him: "Well, actually, he CAN say UH-OH!"

The kid tells it like it is. Although Nathan can also now say a host of other words. His first word was goat! And now there are things like "boop" (potty business of any kind) "mup" (milk) "up" (...up) "more" (more) "bite" (bite) and especially "more bite." But it was pretty funny, as Nathan's go-to word for any kind of excitement is UH-OH!

Also....at the playground, he told one of my mommy friends that he wasn't sure he could go down the tube slide because "it scares me out of the bejeezus."

Gotta love him. There are so many moments like these that I just want to document somewhere! But I have neither the time nor the memory, so I wrote this down as quickly as I could tonight, disorganized and un-pithy as it is. You're welcome, boys. I love you!

And....zzzzzzzzzzzzz......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home