Friday, November 11, 2011

Crafting in the Real World

So, I see a lot of beautiful craftwork on the internet. I even see a lot of it that my in-real-life friends have made. They do collages, they scrapbook, they make amazing pictures out of button collages and do interesting things with chalk or paint or fabric strips....you name it.

Meanwhile, over here in Not That Talented Land...Today we were super-crafty! We did TWO five-minute crafts IN ONE DAY! I am amazed at myself.

First, we took some water jugs (because, hello, it says you need milk jugs, but that would make Nathan sick!) and cut them so they (loosely) resemble helmets for knights. The boys wore them around all morning and it was really fun. And funny. And cute. And I took pictures but I'm too lazy to post them right now. Sorry!

Then, we traced their hands and feet and did a bunch of cutting (good practice for James on fine motor skills!) and gluing (Nathan's favorite part!) and ended up with two cute kid-sized turkeys. FUN! (Also no pictures...yet. Sorry!)

I really love doing arts and crafts stuff with my boys. But I just for the life of me do not understand how people make it all shiny and pretty and how they come up with half the stuff they do.

We have fun, though!

And now I feel like a kick-butt kind of a mom for doing two crafts in a day. Onward and upward!

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home