Tuesday, November 01, 2011

NaBloPoMo--AGAIN!

*Disclaimer--I don't know why my text is messed up and I don't have time to fix it tonight. Promise it won't be all schizophrenic tomorrow! Sorry.*

A few years ago I blogged every day for the month of November. This is called NaBloPoMo (here's a link to this month's participants), and it couldn’t have come at a better time for me then—I was still adjusting to a very new and different version of my life than I had been used to and expected. I was learning how to be a parent. Yes, this is an unapologetic “mommyblog,” and many times lately I’ve found just barely enough energy to slap up a cute pic of the kiddos and call it a day, but back in 2007, I was so thankful for this month of writing, because it connected me to who I had been while helping me explore who I was becoming, and it was awesome.

But. Then stuff happened, again, and again, and again, and I am continually shocked at the fact that life moves so quickly. We moved across the country, bought a mini-farm, had another kid, had dog drama (“Wow, I didn’t know dog surgery could BE that expensive!”) and all kinds of other drama, including many sleepless nights for many different reasons. We also lived without home internet for over 2 years. Along the way, this blog was sadly neglected. For example, it'd be nice if I updated my link list, right? Or maybe I should add a new NaBloPoMo badge....Yeah!...maybe....someday....*cough*


So anyway, here we are again, just another November where so far the baby’s sleep pattern is dismal and I’m drowning in sleeplessness. And I’m going to try it again, this whole blog business. Last time, which, by the way, I can never believe was FOUR YEARS AGO, I found some really amazing online friends who made me feel less alone, and that was priceless too.


If you’re here because you’re family, you’ll be excited because I’ll post lots of pictures this month! If you’re here because of NaBloPoMo, welcome! My theme this month is chaos—and thankfulness. In other words, I’m blogging off-the-cuff because my life still doesn’t really allow for much else.


I am so thankful to be here. I am so glad you’re reading! Now, look at my cute kids.




Welcome to November, everybody!




P.S. James was a "pirate skeleton ninja," and he also wanted to be a ghost but we couldn't figure out how to easily incorporate that. His bag actually says "The Dread Pirate James" but we decided it should've been The Dead Pirate James. Ha ha! Oh, and Nathan was a spider, although I couldn't get ANY good pics with all his little spider legs out on the sides of the costume. AND he picked out the pretty pink purse for trick-or-treating, which we loved. But then everyone thought he was a girl. Whatev. ;)

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger The Vollmers said...

I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to add my name to the NaBloPoMo blogrolls too! So here I am blogging daily!

Thanks Susana la Banana!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home