Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend with Grandma and Grandpa B

Monday is well-known as the most depressing day of the week. I was actually planning on writing about my diabetes every Monday, as both diabetes and Mondays are something no one really enjoys that much. However...this week, we are especially depressed, as Grandma and Grandpa B left yesterday afternoon. I know we always wish we could be closer to family, but we never realize how much more fun life could be until they come visit. Then we wish they never had to leave!

We had the BEST time with G-ma and G-pa this weekend. I have so many pictures, I can't even upload one shot of each fun thing we did. And that doesn't even include the pics of the museum trip that I already posted!

So I'm going to let J-man recap our weekend for you, just a little bit, and do a d-post tomorrow instead.

James says:

First, we awoke each morning eager for them to come over and play with us.


Then we'd go outside and play. Grandma gave us a Frisbee lesson...


And Grandpa got dirty in the sandbox with us.


Grandma and Grandpa both played well in the yard. They knew a really fun game called "toss the pine needles up in the air."


Then we came inside, and they both read me books.


Grandpa reads that story a little differently than my mommy and daddy do...But he knows how to play a mean game of trucks. I even got to play using my feet!

Grandpa also showed me a fun and silly thing to do with one of my favorite toys...the clothespins!


I thought it was pretty funny, if you can't tell!

And then I got to snuggle with Grandma. Check out my pink cheeks!


I was pretty tired out after all that, so Daddy let me snuggle him while I rested. I love having fun with Grandma and Grandpa, but I gotta give my Mama and Dada their lovin' too.


Grandma, Grandpa, come back soon!


2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smiled all the way through this post! Nothing like those fun grandparents to make a kid's life exciting...
James was looking very grown-up in some of those pics, though. Did someone say how fast they grow up?
Thanks for sharing the visit. It looks like it was very special.
Love you all,
Mom S.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger sandra and sir charles said...

He does look so grown up! He's so big now! I miss you guys and wish I could come see you again!
p.s. you see my blog post with jamesy's pic?

love you and miss you terribly!!
~Sandra

Charlie misses you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home