Sunday, March 30, 2008

Silly Sleepy Goose

For the last few days, James has been a little extra tired. He's been somewhat clingy and whiny and a little more...sensitive than usual. For example, we can no longer read Hippos Go Berserk because at the end, "One hippo, alone once more, misses the other forty-four," and James finds this indescribably sad now. Tonight when Ben was making dinner, we read a book about feelings, and when we got to the page about sadness, James just burst into tears and started wailing.

I think we've hit an emotional growth spurt.

And along with this spurt, we've been having just a few more sleep troubles and changes, so I've been going to bed as soon as possible after James does to maximize my sleep time. Hence the lack of posting.

Oh, and also, my oldest and dearest friend Becky is here to visit us!

Anyway, I mentioned James has been more sleepy than usual. Well, I've had to wake him up from his naps for the last couple of days or he would sleep 3+ hours if it was up to him...and then we would get NO sleep at night instead of just NOT ENOUGH. This is what I found when I went in to get him a couple of days ago:


Lest any of you fear for his safety, here's a side view showing that no, he is not suffocating himself:


He's just being cuddly.

What a silly little goose!

1 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Elin said...

We had the emotional spurt a couple of months ago. Snorri learned first about feelings in his play school, and I came home one day later than the boys did and the first thing Snorri said was - mom I feel sad- and then a little tear followed. He's used it since in few different situations and seems to know what it means!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home