Friday, March 07, 2008

Vegan Schmeagan

This is a picture of a dinner we had last week that we actually repeated this Wednesday. It is an old and easy favorite, and I just wanted to show it off because people sometimes think that vegans eat only crazy and unpronounceable foods like seitan and tempeh and the mysterious TVP.

This is just plain old pasta, with homemade chunky sauce, and some awesome asparagus that I got for 90 cents! For dessert last week I had an apple and this week I had a banana. And this week we ate it with carrots, since asparagus is again too expensive. =(

It is yummy and cheap and filling and satisfying and all things good. It is also vegan. Just like this recipe that I just posted on Momabetes.

And someday I will explain more about the new diet, I promise. But for now I have to go clean the kitchen, because starting Monday we're getting a new one! Pictures of THAT are coming soon, I have a feeling.

Have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Jimmie said...

Speaking of lentils (on your other blog)...have you ever had mulligatawny soup ?

I had it on the last cruise I went on, and I had no idea that lentils (or even what lentils were) were in it, but it was yummy, yummy!

(hopefully that html tag worked...if not, just do an allrecipes search for it, and there are a few to choose from)

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Are you SURE it's filling?? Just kidding!
Mama

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

New kitchen? That's cool!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger OUWxGuesser said...

All it needs is some nice girthy italian sausage on top. I know Ben will agree with me ;)

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Susana la Banana said...

Jimmie--I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard of it and I have a feeling we WILL try it soon...it sounds delicious! =)

Aaron--Ben says "Yep!" and I say it would be great with an Italian sausage for BEN, just not for me. No reason you can't add your own meat on top, though! Just leave mine as is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home