Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Gee, thanks, Universe, for pointing out that I'm not living up to my full potential.

Today, I had a pretty great day. It was busy and full of work and fun, and I felt like I accomplished a lot. I went to the grocery store. I came home and vacuumed. James' friend Malachy came over, and I put dinner in the slow cooker while the kids played. (Thanks, Rebecca, for chopping the onion!) I put Tyler and then James down for naps. I did all the dishes. I cleaned the bathroom top to bottom while Tyler and James entertained each other, and then Olivia came over and played.

The only downer? Finding this fortune* in a leftover fortune cookie from our takeout Chinese from a few nights ago:

First, there were vague but promisingly real *fortunes* like "You will meet a dark and mysterious stranger." Then came proverbs like "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Then someone got bored and came up with the insightful "You like Chinese food!" And now this. This is just mean. It's all, yeah, well...you SHOULD be able to do this, but of course, you can't. Loser.

Does anyone else think this is secretly a beautiful fortune...even though it's not actually a fortune?

Because it's almost the most entertaining fortune I've ever received. It didn't quite beat out the one that said, "You have an unusual equipment for success--use it."

But it was close.

*In case you can't read it, it says: You should be able to make money and hold on to it.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you have energy! and, you're funny, hilarious even. It must be that infamous "equipment.":)
Mom S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home