Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day Review

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I am truly thankful every day. I am so blessed. And one of the things I love about Thanksgiving is getting to spend it with a large family group and do fun holiday things. In our family, this usually involves some kind of word games. Today was no exception, as we got to play MadLibs AND Scattergories. I love this family tradition...although we don't own these games ourselves...hint, hint for future holidays...And the game-playing tends to show how those who are related often think alike, with hilarious results. There were several moments today where my sister and I had pretty much the exact same thought simultaneously. Classic.

Yes, we got to go to my sister's for Thanksgiving, which, personally, I think is an AWESOME tradition because I really enjoyed getting to just make one dish, and then NOT having to stress about any house details. Everything was delicious except for our dish (oh well...it had to have too many adjustments, I think) and we got to take home an amount of leftovers that was satisfying even to my husband, for whom Thanksgiving is a shining day of stuffing yourself, following by several days of leftovers, or else it was done all wrong!

The cousins had a great time playing today, and the only issue we had at all today was that Nathan got locked into the playroom by himself. It turned out to be very difficult to get him out of there, although my sister's father-in-law eventually managed it, but luckily, it was the playroom and not, say, the bathroom, so I was pretty relaxed about it since it was highly unlikely he would get hurt. He was a little scared but I could talk to him and keep him calm. So no big deal in the grand scheme of things. A good day.

And man, am I tired now! Nothing like a day of travel and tryptophan to knock you out! Good night, sweet dreams to you! See you tomorrow~

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie M said...

It was a lovely and fun day. Such good food! That turkey was perfect! And the games were fun. Nathan was so brave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home