James and the Giant Moose
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Things I have done in the past week or so
- Found evidence that strawberries, asparagus, broccoli, and peas are in our near future. Hooray! Gardening not a total failure this year. =)
- Discovered we had at least two functioning peach trees.
- Let the goats range on our lawn and eat vetch; enjoyed herding goats. How often do you get to say that?
- Gotten a couple dozen eggs from our new chickens, who are fun if stupid. We have five and so far one is named Baldy because she was getting pecked at in her old place and one is Chunky because she's so fat she keeps getting stuck when she tries to follow the rest of the girls around the yard. I'm thinking maybe Aimless, Feckless, and Graceless for the other three?
- Watched our original chicken take her place as leader of the pack even though she's about a third the size of the new girls. She crowed, people. She crowed.
- Swept the floor about a million times, not that it seems to do any good...
- Done 80 piles of laundry (see above).
- Gone to the doctor three times. I'm tired of the doctor. Also tired of driving an hour up there to see them. Sigh.
- Listened nightly to the coyote pack right outside my window; hoped they wouldn't get a craving for fresh goat or chicken; chatted with the neighbor and discovered that the coyotes actually live in my forest; wished for turkeys or deer instead; still thought the coyotes were pretty fascinating.
- Woken up from more than one nap because of the frog that lives in my windowsill. He is LOUD!!!
- Enjoyed the lovely weather and the return of interesting wildlife while still sort of wishing they would shut the heck up.
- Felt excessively cranky an excessive number of times.
- Missed a few opportunities for napping. I'm sure this contributed greatly to the above point, as I'm feeling pretty tired out these days. Not cool.
- Baked a large number of pastry-like items, because it seemed useful at the time.
- Randomly burst into tears once or twice because my hormones are roller-coaster-y right now.
- Lost sleep in the night because I get contractions and then they go away.
- Lost sleep in the night thinking of all the things I need to do.
- Did I mention the crankiness yet?
- Woken up every morning just a little bit sad that we didn't have the baby in the night.
- Dilated to a 3, effaced 80%, and had the baby drop to zero station (which, if you don't know, is about half of the total distance he has to drop before he, ya know, drops OUT)....but not had a baby. Yet.
- Used my new camera to finally take a few pictures of our family BEFORE Baby Brother comes...
Please, send whatever thoughts and prayers you might feel are appropriate...I'm feeling good except for being cranky but now that I'm officially past my due date the doctor situation is going to be highly encouraging of an induction....which we could just totally avoid if Baby Brother would be BORN!
Please, please, please be born. Like, now. Thank you.